- Physiology and biodiversity of aquatic animals: coral reef biodiversity, biodiversity of underwater hot spring near Guishan Island, ecological conservation of Green sea turtle, marine crustacean biodiversity, ecology of marine algae and microalgae, physiology and ecology of marine mold, physiology and ecology of Moray eel, enzyme characteristics and application of marine thermophilic bacteria, physiology and ecology of marine copepods, diversity of marine between Taiwan and Hainan Island, and interaction between gene expression and environment of phytoplankton in East Sea.
- Fish and shellfish pathology: The mechanism the diseases of fish and shellfish, the immune system of fish and shellfish, the application of anti-viral substances for fish and shellfish, and the development and application of immune stimulants and vaccines.
- Environmental adaptation and endocrine regulation: The effects of environmental factors on the growth, physiological and endocrine effects of fish and shellfish, and environmental changes on the effect of growth, physiology and endocrine of fish and shellfish.
- Marine biotechnology: The performance and application of antioxidant-related cDNA and enzyme technology, synthesis of bio-nano materials and nano-metal polymers, molecular biomedical research, algae fermentation, the functional proteins, genotypes research and application of marine toxins and, regulation of genes in fluorescent fish, and the development of innovative research techniques in marine biotechnology.
- Aquaculture and breeding: recirculating aquaculture system, aquatic feed, aquaculture with deep ocean water, ornamental fish research and breeding, cage culture system, fish and shellfish breeding, aquatic broodstock management.
- Food Science, Food Processing and Food Safety: algae fermentation products, the utilization of seaweed polysaccharide, utilization of collagen, utilization of chitin and chitosan, marine toxins, food industry and risk assessment, nanotechnology, food safety and quality management, the verification of food traceability , physiological metabolism and healthy diet.
- Resource utilization and development of marine active substances: application of algae biomass, utilization of deep ocean water, development of marine active substance, and application of dietary supplement food.